font-family: 'Didact Gothic', sans-serif;}

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Psalm 139:13-16

Lately I have been feeling a little bit of doubt. Am I doing what God is calling me to do? Am I doing it the right way? Am I fulfilling God's purpose for my life? Am I listening hard enough?

A recent search for a new daily devotional led me to this link. This really hit home for me even though it's a verse you hear often or that many already probably know. Sometimes it's just good to reflect on a oldie, but a goodie.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalms 139:13-16

Sherry L. Meneley couldn't have said it better. "There is a seed in each of us, and God is our amazing botanist. He will nurture, water, fertilize and provide us all the sunshine we need to grow. But if I’m a bulb, and not an acorn, I need not attempt to change the thing God made me, my blueprint. I need to be a humble seed and allow the Botanist to germinate me into the wonderful thing He wants me to be. I need not envy all the other flowers, grasses and trees in the field, for I am special – so special – in exactly who God wants me to be."
Sometimes I will use a word in the verse as a literal piece of imagery in my Journaling Bible. It helps me reflect and memorize the passage."When I was "woven"..." So, for my first Take heART Journaling Bible tutorial I will show you how to create your very own woven piece. Here are the steps you can follow and if you have instagram you can share by #wovenpsalm139.

Supplies: 
Bible (or paper)
Exacto or box cutter
Colorful Paper Strips (ribbons could work too :))
Glue stick 
Ruler

A few easy to follow steps, it  just takes a little patience!

First- find the page in your Journaling Bible. The margin has tiny faint lines down the edge of the page. Lay a piece of cardboard or chip board under the page you will be cutting. Cut each line using exacto knife, but be delicate. Continue all the way down. I used a ruler to keep my lines straighter and cut on each line (you can do every other)- I am a perfectionist.


Second- if you haven't prepared strips yet you will do so. A paper cutting tool works great, you can draw lines on paper and cut with scissors or you can do what I did I sent mine thru a one way paper shredder. ( I didn't get a picture in the daylight of the paper strip prettiness.)

Third- start weaving one strip at a time. Under, over, under, over- blah, blah, blah.
Fourth - trim if wanted or leave as a tab, then glue end pieces at top and bottom of page.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment