font-family: 'Didact Gothic', sans-serif;}

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

My Top 5 Favorite Journaling Bible Supplies

So... I try not to go overboard on buying art supplies for my Journaling Bible- keep it simple and easy to carry. You don't have to have all the fancy schmancy schtuff to make masterpieces in your Journaling Bible. (Although I do love to splurge every now and then.)

All you need are the basics- pen, pencil, paint and brush. Really you could manage with just pencils and a pen, but why not throw in something you might not have (that is inexpensive.)

Let's get more specific:
1.) Micron pens- they come in different sizes and colors, but one will do ya. These are handy to have because they don't bleed through your pages. Sharpies will bleed right thru so it's your choice if you decide to go with a sharpie. Don't say I didn't warn ya.

2.) Twistable Crayola colored pencils- these come in various pack sizes and you will want to make sure to grab the colored pencil ones and not the crayons, if you want to be able to create better detail. These are great to have when you don't have a pencil sharpener.

3.) Artist Loft watercolors. These come from Michael's. I think I bought mine for under 3 bucks with a coupon! Since they are inexpensive, why not add a set of pearlescent paints! They are GORGEOUS and sparkle. I love sparkles!

4.) Prismacolors are the most expensive on the top 5 list. They run about $20 a set of 12, They ARE worth every penny if you love coloring. The colors are much more vibrant than any other colored pencil out there. Well maybe not the only one, but very close! I have a few that belonged to my dad when he was in college. They last quite a while. You can use a coupon on these too and get much cheaper. (I always use a coupon so I can buy more!)

5.) Last but not least a watercolor brush! I ordered mine from Amazon. Pentel brand, I think. These are the bomb diggity! Did I just type that? You fill the barrel up with water and take it where ever you want to paint. BOOM! No spillage of the murky water.

So that, in a nutshell, is a list of my go to's, my faves. I will post some extra's I suggest later. Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment